Friday, April 16, 2010

Never under estimate your children!

I am constantly reminded that it is not wise to under estimate my boys! I left the boys unattended in their high chairs for a few minutes Tuesday evening. I have done this many times in the past and never had a problem until that evening! Daniel had a little bit of spaghetti on his tray, which I figured he would eat, but he decided that it was no longer fun to put it in his mouth, so he found another place to put it - IN HIS NOSE!! He stuffed so much pasta up his right nostril that I was absolutely amazed! I had to pin him down and get out my nasal aspirator to get all of the pasta out of his nose. After a good 10 minutes of torture, I figured I probably got it all since I wasn't seeing any more. A little while later, I was proved wrong - pasta again started making its way out of his nasal cavity. And again, 20 minutes after that, more pasta worked its way out. My guess is that I got it all since nothing has started to rot in his nasal cavity at this point. We figured he learned his lesson since he screamed so much when I had him pinned down and kept pulling things out of his nose, but yet again I under estimated him. He tried shoving corn up his nose the next day at lunch and then a gold fish cracker at snack time. Thank goodness Ben has yet to follow suit. I'm really hoping he's smart enough to learn from his brother's mistake so we don't have to go through that again. I'm praying that I got all of it out so he won't have to go to the doctor to be really tortured! Little boys are always an adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment